Terms and Conditions Guests
EXAMPLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR HOLIDAY RENTAL
This document is only designed as an example only and should only be used as a starting point for your property. We recommend that you tailor this document to match your property and your rental requirements. We also recommend that you seek legal advice before including your terms and conditions. If you wish to use these terms and conditions, please remember to adapt the document to your specific rental requirements. Laws vary between states and countries and we are not able to provide property owners with legal or commercial advice and do not accept any liability whatsoever in relation to your use of the example terms and conditions set out below.
“Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property.
“Guests” means the person or persons who stay overnight in a Property during the Booking period.
“Management” means the owners and/or managers of the Property.
“Property” means [add your name and the address of your property] and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment.
“Security Bond or Security Deposit” means the dollar amount as determined by Management to be held by Management until the property has been inspected and any damage or loss to the property, fixtures or fittings and equipment are assessed and replaced or repaired.
“Visitor” means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY
Payment of the Deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
CHECK IN/ OUT
- Check-in time is not before 3pm on the arrival date and check out time is not later than 11am on departure date.
- Late departure is subject to prior arrangement and availability and extra charges may apply.
- You must notify Management of expected arrival time and a mobile contact number at least 48 hours before arrival.
- Check-in/check-out and key collection/return procedure will be as discussed between the Management and the Guest.
- Bookings are not confirmed by Management unless and until a deposit is received.
- Payment in full must be received no later than 7 days prior to your arrival.
- Payments of the amount due must be received in AUD and any bank or other transaction charges must be paid by the Guests.
- Please ensure payments are made within the specified time limits or the booking may be cancelled automatically without notice by the Management.
- We accept payment by the following methods: Visa, MasterCard, direct deposit into our bank account, PayPal or cash by arrangement only with the Management.
- A credit card surcharge of 2-5% may be added to cover transaction costs associated with credit card payments.
SECURITY BOND OR SECURITY DEPOSIT
- A Security Bond payment as determined by the Owner or Property Manager displayed on their property information page is required and added to the total cost of your stay to determine the deposit payment required. For example, if the accommodation cost is $1000- and the Security Bond is $600- and the deposit required is 50% then the amount due for the deposit would be $800-.
- The Security Bond will be credited to your designated payment method once the property has been inspected and deemed left in a similar state to your arrival and to be without damage or loss.
- This will generally occur within 72 hours of your departure subject to Bank or payment method processes if the property is deemed in a similar state to your arrival and to be without damage or loss.
- Any damage, loss or expense incurred by Management as a result of your breach of these Terms & Conditions will be charged against the bond. Examples of this include but are not limited to any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared or agreed.
CANCELLATION OR VARIATION OPTION
- Your deposit is generally non-refundable in the event of a cancellation unless the Property Manager or Owner can re-lease the property for the booking dates you had selected in which case you will be refunded your deposit less the Administration Fee as determined by the Property Manager or Owner and stated in the booking Terms and Conditions.
- If you have paid more than the deposit or paid in full and cancel your booking you and the dates you had booked are unable to be re-leased you will be paid 50% of the total booking cost or an amount as determined and advised by the Property Manager in the booking Terms and Conditions or as negotiated between the two parties.
- Any refund due will be made through your chosen payment method at time of Booking.
- A variation of the Booking which reduces the number of nights stay will be a treated as a cancellation of the Booking in respect of those nights and an Administration Charge may be applied.
- A variation of the Booking which reduces the number of guests will not be treated as a cancellation of the Booking in respect of those guests unless those guests are additional guests and an additional payment has been charged for those additional guests.
- An Administration Charge of an amount as determined by the Propety Manager or Owner and stated in the booking Terms and Conditions will be charged for any variation or cancellation.
- If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. fire, storm, damage, etc) then Management will inform you immediately and endeavour to obtain suitable alternative accommodation for the remainder of your occupancy. If this is not possible any moneys paid for the period of unavailability will be refunded in full.
- Management may cancel a booking prior to commencement if due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. fire, storm, damage, etc) a property becomes unavailable.
- In (a) or (b) above, Management may offer the Guest alternate dates for their accommodation which if agreed by the Guest becomes the new booking period.
PARTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited unless otherwise approved in writing by Management. Special conditions may be applied to any approval, including but not limited: to additional charges, no disturbance of neighbours, no undue noise, silence when entering and leaving the premises, no behaviour likely to cause damage to property or offence or embarrassment to others, all noise to cease by 10pm and being responsible for any guests and their behaviour and health and safety.
- Any breach of those special conditions may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc being recovered from the Security Bond or through legal means.
LINEN AND TOWELS
- We supply linen, pillows, blankets and towels, which must be left where supplied in the bedrooms or bathroom on departure.
- Beach towels are generally not included unless otherwise approved by Management.
- Cleaning and linen change usually occurs weekly or more often upon request and at additional cost.
- No Pets are allowed at the Property unless otherwise agreed by the Management.
- Where Pets are permitted and approved by Management, Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their pets both within and outside the property. Pets are not allowed inside a house, apartment, room or enclosed space that would be habited by people at any time. Any evidence of a breach of the above may incur extra cleaning fees or loss of Security Bond.
- Any Guests booking accommodation through the TRAVELLING FROGS website agree to abide by the Code of Conduct for Guests as found on the TRAVELLING FROGS website. The Code of Conduct may be edited from time to time at the discretion of TRAVELLING FROGS to meet Industry or Government imposed standards or other relevant standards.
- You must comply with all applicable House Rules and all instructions from Management and the caretakers of the Property concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours.
- You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it, including furnishings, fittings and equipment during your stay. You must notify the Management of any damage, breakages, loss or theft immediately.
- Management may recover from you the repair or replacement cost
- Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property over night. If any other guests stay extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund.
- Disturbance to any neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and considered a breach of these terms and conditions and can result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other expenses.
- Before departure, all rubbish including unused food in fridges must be put in the appropriate council rubbish bins provided, and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
- Extra cleaning charges will be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine, dishwasher, emptying the fridge, removal of excessive rubbish etc.
- Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost for cleaning the property, you will be charged the additional costs over and above the normal cleaning fee, which will be deducted, from the Security Bond.
- All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived
- The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All keys must be returned to Management or as otherwise directed. You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. Duplicate keys will be provided at an additional charge of $30-150-/key depending on the replacement required.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Property at any time.
PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
- In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You must allow repair/service access to the property during normal business hours or after hours if emergency repairs are required.
- Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Management prior to departure from the Property.
- Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have. We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance since Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at a property.