Maximise Bookings for your Holiday Rental Property
HOW TO MAXIMISE YOUR HOLIDAY RENTAL PROPERTY’S BOOKING POTENTIAL
PART TWO – GUEST ARRIVAL, INCLUSIONS AND INFORMATION
Your guests are arriving in the next 24 hours, your place is clean and ready for their arrival. What can you do at this stage to further enhance their experience and get them excited about your property and their holiday? Here’s a list of what Travelling Frogs suggests you can do or provide:
- Send a text or email giving the guests any final arrival info or just a personal note like ‘looking forward to meeting you and the family tomorrow’ or ‘the weather forecast is perfect for your arrival and stay’.
- A Personalised Intro/Welcome letter with your guest’s name for their arrival– this can have some general info about the property, local events, shows, markets, or other activities specific to the dates of their stay.
- A Guest Information folder with information on appliances, audio visual equipment, wifi instructions, local information (shopping, supermarkets, transport, medical centres, restaurants, cafes, tourism offices, tours and other info)
- A Restaurant/Cafe Guide – grab some menus from your favourite restaurants and cafes and also include some takeaway restaurant menus if your guests want to try a local restaurant but would prefer to enjoy their meal in your place.
- Stock the kitchen with some basics like Milk, OJ, bread/raisin toast, coffee, tea, condiments
- If you have guests staying for a longer stay, for a special occasion or you just want to pamper them organise some local produce – seasonal fruit, locally grown veges, local honey, fresh eggs, a selection of cheeses and dips and crackers. None of this costs a lot but we promise it will make your guests feel special.
- You can also leave your guests a bottle of wine, champagne or a couple of beers to enjoy on their arrival.
- Fresh Flowers can also add that special touch that your guests will love.
- Handmade Soaps are easy and fun to do if you have time with melt and pour soaps available where you can DIY and add that personal touch to your bathroom.
- A couple of yoga mats and yoga bands for mum and dad to use during their stay to go along with any kids play equipment/toys.
- A selection of Blue Ray / DVD movies for the kids and the parents to enjoy. If you have internet or wifi available, Apple TV and Netflix are great modern add ons to your TV / Entertainment area for your guests to enjoy watching their favourite shows by logging into their private I-tunes account.
- A selection of good reads and recent magazines may be something that your guests will enjoy after a long day of activities.
- Quality bed linen for at least the main bedroom and gender specific bed linen for the kids rooms.
- Kids games and family games (board games, cards) will help your guests get the most out of their experience at your property.
- Good quality modern crockery, cutlery, glassware, pots and pans, knife sets and appliances are all things that will value add to your property.
- Local artwork or images/photography (you can partner with a local photographer to supply and potentially sell their artwork/images). These can be rotated seasonally/ yearly with new images and you are supporting a local business.
- A Guest Book – most guests will happily leave great comments if it is there and it is a great way for your guests to see where others have travelled from to stay at your place.
Finally, why not talk to us at Travelling Frogs about one of our targeted campaigns to promote your property on social media through our networks.
Thanks again for reading Part two of our three blogs on maximising your booking potential and hopefully you now have some new ideas to make your property that much more special for your holiday guests. In our last blog we will talk about making your place safe for your guests and their pets(if you are pet friendly) and some other personal touches to improve your guest experience and have them telling the world about your place.
Thanks for Listening
Mark, Samantha & the Travelling Frogs Team